About the job:
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and pivotal project in General Insurance as a Tester in the UAT team with a leading Insurance company in South Dublin. This is a temporary 9 month contract with an immediate start. You'll be working in a team for a key strategic project in General Insurance. The project is key to this organisation's digital strategy for Commercial Lines business.
You can expect to work on a range of different product types and with various teams and business areas within G.I and with external third party suppliers. Working with colleagues in both the business and in more technical teams to test requirements and to ensure systems are suitable for end users.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn new skills and expand your experience in a broad, vibrant and dynamic area.
What will you be doing?
- Act as Test Analyst on key change initiatives ensuring compliance to test processes and quality standards.
- Analyse business requirements and design tests to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Contribute to definition of test approach.
- Design test suites with comprehensive coverage.
- Design and management of test data.
- Produce detailed, accurate estimates.
- Test execution to agreed service standards.
- Defect investigation, resolution and management.
- Providing detailed reports using Microsoft Excel.
Skills & Experience:
- 3rd level degree (IT related)
- At least 3 years experience in a test role.
- Experience in a general insurance role would be beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Analytical, technical knowledge and test design skills.
- Excellent Excel skills essential. VBA scripting beneficial.
- Experience of different testing techniques and tools
- Experience in testing insurance documentation.
- Experience of the software development project lifecycle.
- Experience of JIRA and Zephyr desirable.
- ISTQB foundation in software testing.
- Exposure to Polaris productwriter software.
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive market leading salary depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous pension (employee contribution matching of up to 14% if you contribute 8%)
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- No weekend or evening shift.
- Free car parking.
- Generous Health & dental insurance contributions after six months.
- Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme and Approved Profit Share Scheme.
- Cycle to Work benefit scheme.
- TaxSaver Travel Scheme.
- Family friendly parent's (matching paternity and maternity leave) and carer's leave.
- Up to 40% discount for some Insurance products plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Volunteering days.
- Professional qualification support and transparent career progression plans.
A company for everyone:
Their diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Their approach helps to ensure that their organisation is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
They flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit their customers, business, and you.
Their smart working combines the benefits of flexibility with time together with colleagues.