We are currently recruiting for Tax Manager to work with our client based in the Banking Industry.The role is Hybrid and based in Dublin .This is a 6-month contract position.
- Preparation and review of corporate tax returns for a range of Irish legal entities with assistance from external advisors and dealing with any Revenue queries
- Preparation and review of tax numbers and disclosure's for annual statutory accounts
- Calculation of tax payments as well as the management of tax balances with the Revenue
- VAT compliance and the preparation of VAT returns for all Irish legal entities
- General ad hoc VAT advice and projects on other areas of financial services VAT
- Assist with initiatives in respect of process efficiencies, including VAT automation
- Review of the Effective Tax rate for various legal entities and working with group tax and external advisors to manage the rate effectively
- Liaising with the foreign branch accountants to regularly monitor the local tax accruals and tax attributes (including tax paid, utilisation of losses, prior year adjustments)
- Preparation of responses to Irish Tax Authorities queries regarding tax issues
- Ad-hoc research in relation to issues arising during the course of undertaking responsibilities
- Working with the EMEA Tax team in Poland to ensure all US GAAP and local statutory tax provisions are booked in accordance with policy
- Working with the wider EMEA tax team in relation to new product offering which impact CEP
- Supporting the CEP Europe Tax Manager with queries in relation to CEP branches throughout Europe
- Ensuring the integrity of internal financial controls
- Ad hoc including WHT / Certificate of residence issues
- An understanding and knowledge of VAT /CT/WHT and financial services
- A background in VAT advisory work, ideally with some background in financial services
- Good understanding of VAT / Corporate Tax and WHT compliance in Ireland
- Demonstrate clear and concise verbal and written skills
- Good organisational skills with an ability to manage, prioritise, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate with business stakeholders
- Be a team player, able to work with other team members across the region.
- Understanding the principles of Corporation Tax / VAT/WHT
- Accounting / Tax knowledge preferred.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.