Sr React Developer
Visa - Eligible to work in Ireland with no restrictions (Stamp 1G /Stamp 4 /EU Passport)
The client is an insurance company that's helped people solve important problems for almost a century. We've long been known for our technical expertise and creating innovative solutions for new and developing areas of risk that our clients may face.
The client is developing AI-first products - that is, apps and services that use machine learning to inform and assist their users - for client's insurance and investments businesses.
Our mission to create a safer world through the power of AI is achieved mainly through:
* The incubation of disruptive innovation via our diverse team of scientists, engineers, and designers who work collaboratively.
* AI, ML and NLP R&D contribution, including publications in top conferences and journals.
* The provision of machine learning advisory and consulting to AI's global businesses.
As a critical role in Investment AI's success, we're looking to hire frontend developers to join our team and contribute to the development of the algorithmic core of a series of exciting new products and projects.
Based from our London office, this is an exceptional opportunity for those who want to enjoy state-of-the-art R&D and be challenged and grow as a frontend developer. Along the way, this role will contribute to game-changing products that use client's global network to deliver impact and change.
Responsibilities and Performance Objectives
- Take ownership of a significant part of the team's solution development
- Demonstrate end-to-end understanding of applications being created
- Translate user stories and wireframes into a reliable, responsive experience
- Contribute to Peer Review process to ensure code quality
The minimum required skills include:
- Solid grasp of the web fundamentals (e.g. ES6, HTML and CSS extensions such as SASS
- Demonstrated experience interpreting user journeys and UI Designs - seeking clarification where necessary
- Broad understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Demonstrated experience with UI testing frameworks (e.g. Jasmine, PhantomJS, Jest and others Experience working with Agile methods based on fast iteration and validation cycles
- Good communication skills and be a team player
- Great attention to detail
- An ideal candidate (is not required to, but) will also have
- Have an understanding of visual design principles and rapid prototyping skills
- Have experience developing desktop or mobile applications
- Cloud platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
- Familiarity with cross-environment build automation, and tool chain (e.g. Webpack, Gulp, Grunt)
- Familiarity with Continuous Deployment pipelines and configuration (e.g. Jenkins, Chef, Docker)
- Curiosity of latest Machine learning applications
- Understanding of accessibility best practices
- Portfolio of past experience (e.g. Blogs, Talks, contributions to Open Source)
The candidate must have a valid visa to work in Ireland.