This Software Company's people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits they offer and the great community they've built.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Solution Architect (Manager), you'll be responsible for leading multi-skilled agile teams to design and deliver high quality solutions which delight our customers and impact the lives of users worldwide. You'll work with customer architects to agree functional and non-functional designs, advising customers and managers on the estimated effort, technical implications and complexity surrounding your designs.
You'll manage, coach and develop a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development. You'll also provide direction and leadership for your team as you solve challenging problems together.
As a technical leader, you will work with your peers to develop policy and standards, share knowledge and mentor those around you. You'll do this whilst advising about new technologies and approaches, with room to learn, develop and grow.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
- Has successfully delivered software designs for multi-tiered modern software applications.
- Understands whole solution architecture concepts and can communicate and negotiate these with customer architects.
- Can prioritise non-functional concerns for customers and has experience incorporating these into the application design.
- Has experience with public cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offerings.
- Able to simply and clearly communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentations.
- Able to make effective decisions within fast-moving delivery.
- We are passionate about developing people - a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing junior members of your team and wider community.
- Proven experience being accountable for all sizes of technology delivery challenges, e.g. project, multi-team programme.
- Has pro-actively developed business across an account with sales and account managers.
- Experience in managing others, setting objectives, giving feedback and leading performance reviews.
- Able to prioritise their time across multiple major projects.
- Actively shares their thoughts and views on technology.
- Has participated in technology communities.
WHO YOU ARE:
Their vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Their values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that they do. They expect everyone to display their values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding team and culture.