JOB TITLE: Software Security Developer
LOCATION: Shannon, Ireland
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. This company is already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. They're doing more than dream, they're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
In your role as a Cyber Security Engineer you'll be responsible for the digital security of JLR vehicles. You'll contribute to the development of robust security solutions for real world deployment. As a member of an agile development squad, you will be part of a cross functional team working to develop secure, reusable software.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities;
- Specify and maintain our APIs (Application Programming Interface) from Security point of view (authentication mechanisms, risks and mitigations, protocol definition and so on.;
- Delivering tasks from the squad's backlog as agreed during planning;
- Bug fix of our current products;
- Work on software implementation and support others in their tasks where required;
- Undertake any other work as directed by line manager (chapter lead) in connection with their job;
- Reviewing, organising and documenting software information.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
The successful applicant should be highly effective across the following criteria:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in electrical engineering, computer science or similar field;
- Experience with C/C++ in an embedded environment;
- Experience with APIs (speficification, implementation and maintenance) - e.g. XML, JSON, SOAP/Rest and etc;
- Ability to produce timely, logical and concise work products;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Security background (e.g cryptography, key management, firewall, software integrity, etc.);
- Experience embedded devices or related fields;
- Experience with secure embedded architecture design and its external connections with servers and devices;
- Ability to learn new technologies or concepts quickly to adapt and adjust to the changing cyber threat landscape;
- Capable of executing security certification test/demonstrations/evaluations, documenting results, developing reports, conclusions, and recommendations CISSP, CISA, CISM, or similar certification;
- Experience with network protocols analysis;
- Experience with embedded systems analysis;
SO WHY THIS COMPANY?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover.