Software Engineer (Embedded)
Location: Co. Mayo
Job Preference: onsite
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: €50,000 - €55,000 + Benefits
Experis Ireland have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer with our client in county Mayo. Our client has grown into an International Company and the machines produced are destined for export market and can be seen working in over 55 countries around the world. As a Developer, you will be responsible to design, develop and maintain embedded software for control systems.
The company has ambitious growth plans and a tremendous personal growth opportunity for the right professional
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems using C.
- Analyse, monitor and enhance the efficiency and stability of embedded systems.
- Management of software repositories using the 'Git' version control system.
- Issue tracking and project management using 'JIRA' software.
- Collaborate with engineers and service personnel to debug and resolve software issues.
- Perform modifications on existing embedded software to add improved functionality.
- Follow standards and industry best practices to improve system performance and safety including unit testing and compliance with MISRA C guidelines.
- Create daily documentation of software code changes including state chart diagrams.
- The successful candidate must have familiarity with electronic circuitry to the degree necessary to test and debug software functions on target hardware.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years experience developing embedded solutions
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of CAN bus systems and communication protocols is an advantage but not essential.
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python is also an advantage but not essential.
For more information, please send your CV to [email protected]