Senior Software Engineer
This Software company is the leading provider of complete IT infrastructure and security management solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and internal IT organizations worldwide. These best-in-breed technologies allow organizations to efficiently manage and secure IT to drive sustained business success. This company has achieved sustained, strong double-digit gr...
Senior Software Engineer
This Software company is the leading provider of complete IT infrastructure and security management solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and internal IT organizations worldwide. These best-in-breed technologies allow organizations to efficiently manage and secure IT to drive sustained business success. This company has achieved sustained, strong double-digit growth over the past several years and is backed by a leading global private equity firm investing in high-growth technology and software companies that drive transformative change in the industries they serve.
This company currently serves customers in over 20 countries across a wide variety of industries and manages over 15 million endpoints worldwide.
This company is not afraid to tell you exactly who they are and their expectations. They have achieved record levels of success being BOLD, being GRITTY, being ACCOUNTABLE. The thousands of people that succeed here, are prepared to go above and beyond for the betterment of their customers, and the betterment of their careers and long-term financial wealth.
This company is seeking an accomplished Software Engineer preferably with networking experience. This person will work with a talented Engineering team gearing towards delivering ground-breaking technologies in software defined networking (SDN), network virtualization and network automation. They want a passionate leader who loves to network, solve innovative problems and can take ownership in their area of focus to build great products. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of their culture and they need engineers who will bolster this foundation.
This team provides networking and security services managed in the cloud. Their products span from cloud managed devices like Access Points, Switches and Routers to providing services in the cloud for example security. They are looking for an experienced Network Engineer who is an out of the box thinker, passionate about solving problems and open to new ideas.
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of architecture and software development experience
- Excellent understanding of q protocol stack and networking protocols (e.g. DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, SSL, etc.,)
- Excellent experience with enterprise networking technologies like QoS, firewalls, routing protocols, Netfilter, iptables, Traffic Control, etc.,
- Experience with Network Security technologies like NG Firewalls, DPI, and IDS/IPS.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Tunneling technologies like IPSec, OpenVPN, and Wireguard
- Experience with Golang and PHP strongly preferred. Or Java, Python, C++, or C#
- Experience navigating relational and non-relational databases and messaging infra like MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, AWS SQS, Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting
- Familiarity with continuous integration, testing tools, workflows and source code management tools (git).
- Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve
- Understanding of authentication and authorization frameworks/standards (ex: Okta, Auth0, etc.)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- AWS or Azure certifications preferred
- Experience with API development; RESTful, JSON-RPC
- Familiarity with SDN (Software Defined Networks)/NFV (Network Function Virtualization) and cybersecurity concepts a plus.
- Experience with Microservices or container-based development (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with developing, deploying and troubleshooting network security AWS, Azure, etc.,
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development processes and methodologies.