Senior Software Developer
LOCATION: Shannon, Ireland
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. This Automotvie company is already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. They're doing more than dream, they're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
In your role as a Senior Software Developer you'll be responsible for the digital security of this company's vehicles.
The main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of integrated sub systems elements, which may be physical components, a set of related components or software into vehicle programmes. The individual will work with lead engineers to ensure that valid content is specified, manage specific elements of the supplier delivery against the specification and arrange verification activity to support the vehicle program which meets the programme requirements for quality, cost and time.
- Work as a technical leader for the delivery of the system or software being developed to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost
- Contribute to the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required (SaFE)
- Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the modules and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events
- Work towards the Centre of Competence performance and facilitate or escalate cross module / cross Centre of Competence problem resolution on all programme aspects of content delivery, including virtual build, physical build and launch support
- Problem Solving; Issue resolution is a key skill and software is often the quickest but most complex to understand due to its lack of physical nature.
- Assist in the management and development of external communications and status reporting, providing a coherent status for senior managers
- Support colleagues by interfacing between Product Strategy, Advanced Product Creation and Marketing to ensure the programme delivers the expected product actions in a robust manner
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- C version C99+/ C++ version 11+ industry development experience
- Knowledge of software structures / architectures / design patterns
- Knowledge of the software development process and industry tool sets
- Experience of planning, co-ordination, delivery incrementally working testable software and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes using Agile
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge of different agile frameworks (SAFe, SCRUM, Kanban and Lean)
- Previous experience within engineering or programme planning departments
- Knowledge of Embedded operating systems (Linux, QNX Neutrino, etc)
SO WHY THIS COMPANY?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover. All this and more makes this company the perfect place to continue your journey.