Salary: €90,000 - €110,000 (DOE)
Location: Ireland, Fully Remote
Job type: Full time -Permanent
Experis are currently recruiting a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our clients Quality Engineering department. Our client provides industry-leading compliance, data governance, data leak protection, data retention, and digital rights management capabilities. In this role, the successful candidate will create a test-driven culture resulting in products being delivered on time, ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction and internal productivity. As they continue to expand, our client is seeking an experienced individual who possesses both deep and broad technical knowledge and quality skills to play the role of an individual contributor and simultaneously define and drive the strategy and operations that align with the overall quality agenda.
- Responsible for developing the essential culture, technology, processes, and people to ensure highly reliable and repetitive product quality so the business can scale up quickly and support the accelerated growth of the company.
- Must be able to provide strategic, operational, and tactical technical leadership to the quality engineering team.
- Accountable for the overall design, implementation and improvement of testing strategies and tools with focus on test automation, continuous integration, and delivery.
- Provide technical expertise and recommend process improvements to deliver an enterprise grade product.
- Responsible for hiring and elevating the team to meet the visions of the organization.
- Define and execute standards, methods, and procedures to determine product release readiness.
- Define and maintain metrics that provide visibility and understanding of development effectiveness from a quality perspective.
- Work across engineering, product, support, and sales teams to prioritize assignments and manage issues and risks to ensure successful delivery with high quality.
- Organize the quality engineers to work with developers, product managers, release managers with the right team structure and communication channel to ensure fast flow of product delivery.
- Assess, align, and build the quality engineering team that combines a right mix of automation and manual quality engineers.
- Empower and guide next level quality engineers to ensure their tactical and operational decisions align with the overall quality strategy in the organization.
- Review business requirements documents, high level product design documents, test plan documents and critical tickets as required to provide the right amount of feedback.
- Strategic, operational, and tactical leadership with a track record of customer focused delivery.
- Extensive functional quality engineering expertise in managing large scale, highly critical software system.
- Experience across broad range of technologies including OO languages, scripting languages, Web development, Linux, and Windows.
- Experience developing with DevOps capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 10+ Years of work experience managing teams, including remote teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software testing process, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience in driving Test Automation Strategies from inception to completion.
- Excellent Communication Skills both oral and written.
- A competitive salary with an annual bonus.
- Fully remote working whilst offering flexible hours that fall outside of the companywide core hours of 9am -12pm (US Central time zone).
- Dedicated time for training and education opportunities.
- A mentorship model wherein your mentor and team support your development.
- 20 days of paid time off which increases by a further 5 days after 5 years of service (in addition to 10 public holidays in your country).
- Paid day off on your birthday or on an alternative day if your birthday falls outside a normal working day.
- Paid day off to volunteer with the charity of your choice.
- Paid monthly internet cost and lunch stipend provided.
- Reimbursement of all hardware costs associated with the role.