Senior Java Software Developer
This IT Consulting company has created Ireland's best team of software developers to build the mission critical software that powers some of the world's most successful companies. They solve their business problems through agile and cloud native software innovation.
This company has a fantastic opportunity for Senior Java Engineers who want to explore the world of innovative software product development within a next generation enterprise platform. The project involves both transformation and building new services to be offered to customers. They are looking for team players who want to be part of this challenging project working in a high-performance Agile Engineering team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- On a day-to-day basis you will be creating, modifying and testing code. You will be working within a Software Engineering Scrum Team on innovative projects.
- Some of the latest technologies you will be working with include Enterprise Java, React Native, EJB, Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Your work will include unit testing and other types of functional and non-functional testing. You will be required to interface with customers and stakeholders and mitigate risk.
- Extensive knowledge of software design to ensure code is of a high standard
- Ability to develop solutions for user stories by writing the code and then testing the solution
- Development of code which is bug free using knowledge of Core Java
- Ability to debug applications to find the root cause of issues
- At least 7 years of industry experience working with Java/Java EE, Junit, JMeter, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
- Extensive understanding of web-based programming and development systems
- Very good knowledge in developing scalable and highly available software
- Experience of working in an Agile environment with scrum software development teams
- Java Certification such as OCA/OCP/OCM
- Knowledge in building cloud native applications
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Previous client facing / consulting experience
- Previous experience in Microservices, Docker & Kubernetes
- Knowledge on making Java applications cloud native (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT or related discipline
- Object oriented analysis & design experience
- Excellent level of English is essential