Applications are invited for the per...
Applications are invited for the permanent position of Scrum Master within the IT team based in Cork.
This company is working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of their mega brands. They are at the heart of their products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for their brands. They are a global organisation, situated in 16 locations across 9 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. They want team members who can collaborate in their fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The role requires an enhanced ability to ensure scope is delivered, schedules and budgets are adhered to, and they align to the company standards while proactively dealing with resource challenges, managing issues and risks and maximizing value delivered through agile teams.
The role will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the completion of various projects, leveraging technologies such as Azure DevOps, facilitate all team events, coach the agile teams and manage dependencies with other teams. You will be accountable to sponsors and stakeholders up to and including senior leadership across the Operations, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain, Procurement and HR.
The role requirement demands of candidates to have deep and proven scrum master delivery experience with the potential to uplift their IT processes to assure key performance indicator targets, such as Time to Market, are met and exceeded.
As the scrum master to manage on average 3x tier 3-5 projects on an annual basis with budgets of between $200M and $2MM, monitoring and controlling various project health measures is a must, plus the ability to deliver through others, both internal and external (vendor) teams. Managing and measuring performance across the Vendor landscape and taking corrective actions should performance deviate from targets is key.
- Drive the delivery of features and capabilities across IT Investment and Digital Transformation initiatives through proactive management and prioritization of Program boards & backlogs .
- Facilitate product/program-related agile events (including Daily Stand-Ups, Iteration Reviews, Iteration Retrospectives, Iterative Backlogs & Release Planning).
- Closely monitor and report on the progress of projects to all stakeholders up to and including senior leadership level across the Operations, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain, Procurement and HR.
- Maintain product/program artifacts.
- Collaborate closely with Product Ownership to deliver the product/program's prioritized backlog and ensuring a healthy backlog.
- Understand/anticipate and engage in the escalation/mitigation of risks and impediments.
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments.
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with all agile team members and key product/program stakeholders to ensure execution alignment.
- Guide the teams to comply with Azure DevOps best practices within and across products/programs.
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for build demos and releases, help teams prepare for such activities, including review ceremonies with stakeholders.
- Demonstrate servant leadership by educating and enabling teams on how to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via Lean-Agile practices.
- Mentor, motivate and drive process improvements with team members.
- Challenge the team norms to improve performance in quality, predictability, flow, and velocity, while supporting team focus on daily, iteration and release goals.
- SAFe (or noteworthy alternative) Scrum Master Certification
- 2+ years experience in a Scrum Master role with strong knowledge in Agile principles and best practices
- Confidence in working with Scrum teams
- Experience working in a Multi-cultural environment
- Self-starter with passion for learning and applying past best practices
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Exposure to Agile Project Management desirable
- Advanced MS Office usage skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Relevant 3rd level degree or professional qualification
- Demonstrated ability to work with and lead a team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and concisely communicate with both business and technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to articulate delivery plans and challenges to senior and executive leadership
- Capable of motivating teams to take ownership of their processes.
- Strong drive for results, resourceful with ability to prioritise and work independently or in groups.