This company is a leading global provider of industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication solutions that remotely track, monitor and control fixed and mobile assets.
Their mission is to provide the most innovative, game-changing, driver-friendly, reliable telematics solution to the transportation industry - to help create the safest, legally compliant, fuel-efficient truck fleets for their customers worldwide. They are looking for a Scrum Master to join their software product development team based in Galway.
What you will be doing:
With them, you will lead new rollouts of our telematics products. This is the core of their business and they have an ambitious product roadmap they need you to deliver. You'll work with the product and business teams to deliver new offerings in the products that thousands of businesses depend on to manage their fleets. You'll be responsible for evangelising and continuously improving agile processes in your teams. In short, you'll own a key part of our development future… and get to deliver some cool stuff.
What you will be responsible for:
- You'll need to ensure teams are following quality processes and the values and practices of Scrum
- They are delivery oriented; commitment and delivery to plan is critical
- They work as a team, so you will assist other team members (Dev, QA, etc.) to ensure sprint and release targets are achieved
- You'll lead sprint and release planning
- You'll own issue and risk management for sprints & releases
- You'll work to remove impediments to both the team and the overall release
- You'll facilitate daily stand-ups and retrospectives
- They collaborate; you'll work with Product Owners daily
- They are never satisfied with the status quo; you'll evangelise and continuously improve agile ways of working and iterative delivery
- You'll have responsibility for reporting at sprint and release level
- You will attend weekly scrum of scrum meetings and coordinate delivery with other development teams
- They work in a fast-moving agile set-up, so expect to pitch in with other responsibilities from time to time also
What qualities you will bring:
- Expert in agile project management and Scrum
- As a technologist you will be fully conversant with all aspects of software systems and processes
Planning & Delivery
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- A proven ability to deliver on software projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong experience in agile development and project management practices
- Experience of the technology and tools that support agile development (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Scrum and/or project management industry qualifications are an advantage
- Strong attention to detail
- Committed to high quality amongst delivery teams in project documentation, delivery processes and outputs and seek continuous improvement of these
Communication & Relationship Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to tailor communication to the audience
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
This company is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, this company enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government.