As a Purchaser/Buyer with our company you will work collaboratively with the finance team and the Quantity Surveyors to deliver high quality projects within budget and in most cost effective manner for the company and client.
What we can offer you.
An opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company with excellent career opportunities.
A friendly and supportive work environment with a company that places great value in it's staff.
Be part of a team that works great together and celebrates each others success.
An opportunity to join a company that is paving the way with innovative ideas using new building technologies and materials.
Responsibilities of the role include
- Creating and implementing procedures for the new purchasing software alongside the accounts and management team.
- Working with management and accounts team to agree materials, labour and plant packages successfully.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate to maximise financial efficiency.
- Obtaining quotes, placing orders, ensuring agreed rates and terms are set up with suppliers and agreeing rates to maximise financial efficiency.
- Procuring building materials, processing purchase orders through purchasing software and following through to payment stage.
- Identify any possible supply issues which would interfere with the forecasted time-lines for projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Liaising with suppliers in relation to deliveries and order dates
- Interacting with Project teams regarding purchasing and supplier queries.
- Liaising with suppliers and accounts payable team, managing material budgets and resolving invoicing queries.
- Producing monthly / project end budgetary control reports on all materials purchased for each site - Tender Budget vs Actual.
- Procuring and hiring plant required on site including cabins, forklifts, fencing, transport etc.
- Procuring PPE and office equipment.
- Managing plant & equipment movement.
- Resolve account queries with suppliers that the accounts department have failed to resolve through normal procedures.
- Report on procurement to MD and management team monthly
- Comply with QEHS policies and procedures and ensure that documentation complies with ISO requirements.
- Assisting the estimating department with obtaining pre tender quotations and resolving material specification issues.
- General purchasing administration as required.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in a buying/purchasing role, ideally in construction.
- Proficient in purchasing management software such as Livecosts.
- Third level qualification in procurement/supply chain/business would be advantageous.
- Accuracy working with numbers and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team in a fast paced office environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills with ability to generate detailed reports.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.