Principal Software Engineer (Platform Tools)
Salary: €100,000 - €120,000
Job type: Full time -Permanent
Experis are seeking to hire an experienced Principal Software Engineer (Platform Tools) for an excellent client who is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of Risk, Strategy and People. Our client is undertaking a major new transformational initiative that will disrupt how essential financial services are delivered to consumers worldwide. The Digital Insurance Platform programme will deliver a completely new SaaS offering based on a microservices framework of reusable components to enable the rapid and low-cost delivery of insurance solutions on a global scale.
They are now building an Engineering Leadership Team to establish the architectural & engineering standards, best practices, and processes that will guide the scaled development of the Platform. The Principal Software Engineer (Platform Tools) will join the Dublin based team as a technical lead for the global team engaged in the development and implementation of this exciting new green field strategic technology platform.
- Provide technical leadership to the distributed technology teams building the Digital Insurance Platform, including providing technical direction and guidance to multiple scrum teams and more junior team members.
- Shape and drive the technical development of the platform, including technology evaluation and selection, conducting proof of concepts and technical spikes, and leading solution architecture.
- Help define and ensure adherence to technology standards, agreed architecture, and engineering best practices, across the platform and implementation teams
- Act as the ultimate escalation point for a team of engineers engaged in delivering DevOps and platform management tools & services.
- Drive a culture of quality and shift-left across the platform teams; championing DevOps principles and practices, helping teams to adopt a mindset of continuous improvement, and ensuring security, reliability, scalability, and performance of solutions is a given.
- Work with senior business and technology stakeholders across the world to translate business needs into solutions that drive value.
- Get involved in building the team from the ground up; helping to define roles & resourcing needs and evaluating & selecting candidates for key engineering positions.
- Significant experience in the development and management of distributed, multi-instance platforms and a strong understanding of SaaS technologies and architectures.
- Experience in the development of custom platform management tools to support platform operations and "on-platform" activities.
- Experience with observability tools for managing distributed services and in SaaS platform operational analytics including insights on user activity and other relevant metrics.
- Understanding of Security and Identity Management processes, best practices, and technologies - experience with Okta is advantageous.
- DevOps knowledge including CI/CD tooling, automated testing, microservice release management and associated best practices. Experience in CI/CD processes applied to database and other persistence systems is advantageous.
- Knowledge across a range of modern technology tools, languages, and processes. The core technologies and tools we use include Java/Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Apigee, Okta, Camunda, Kubernetes, Git.
- Experience of modern application architectures and in environments and cultures focused on achieving a very high degree of re-use.
- Experience of software development methods including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Agile/incremental mindset for system design.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organisation with distributed teams from different cultures.
- Competitive salary with annual review
* Up to 12% pension contribution
* Healthcare cover
* Study Support
* Flexible working arrangements/work from home
* Sports & Social clubs/Wellness Programme
* Paid annual leave and ability to purchase additional leave days
* Travel ticket/bike to work/dental are optional
* Subsidised canteen
* 35 hour working week
Candidates must have EU Citizenship, Stamp 1G or Stamp 4 Visa