Location: Galway (partially remote and onsite)
Contract: 12 months - with possibility of extension
We are recruiting on behalf of our client for the position of Principal Hardware Engineer on a 12-month fixed term contract. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading medical device company based in Galway. As a Principal Hardware Design Engineer, you will be responsible to lead the electrical design, development and test for the embedded electronic platform of our client's medical devices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The technical role in electrical design, test, and documentation to meet compliance and performance requirements and satisfy customer needs of medical electro-mechanical systems.
- Responsible for the architecture, analysis, and development of hardware systems and components including circuit boards, power systems, processors, etc. for use in medical devices.
- Deliver high quality design, in a timely fashion and in accordance to medical device regulations (IEC 60601-1, ISO 13485, FDA US21CFR820, and CE MDR 2017/745).
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary cross of Software, Mechanical and bio-medical engineers to progress a project from concept phase into commercialisation phase
- Collaborate with operations engineers and vendors for production standards, test strategies and implementation.
- Hardware testing and troubleshooting, including board bring-up, design of test tooling and adaptation of existing platforms to new specifications.
- Plan through all project phases, strategy and execution of measurement system development/qualification, design verification and validation
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Evaluate and implements designs to ensure that all agency requirements (UL, IEC, FDA) are being met throughout the design process
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5 + years of exprience Testing Electronic circuit-boards / circuits and Hardware in Medical Manufacturing industry or similar.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic system design in compliance with IEC 60601-1
- Experience with Conducted and Radiated Immunity, Conducted and Radiated Emissions, Current Leakage, and ESD Testing
- Hardware Engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, electrical/electronic system design in compliance with IEC 60601-1, miniaturized low-power electronic system design, schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
- Experience of EMC Testing
- Experience developing Hardware solutions for Medical Devices or related industries
- Experience with designing of embedded microcontroller-based electronics devices, including FPGA-based, digital and analog design
- Experience Testing Electronic Devices to meet immunity and emissions requirements
- Experience in developing verification and validation protocols
- Degree level 8 in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- CAD systems for printed circuit board design (e.g. Altium, Cadence, OrCAD, Allegro PCB) and data acquisition software (LabVIEW))
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and workforce solutions. We operate in over 50 countries worldwide, deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals across the IT every day.