Network Support Specialist L1
We are currently hiring for our client based in Ireland for a Network Support Specialist L1. The role is a full time, permanent position.
About our client:
Our client helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. The world's largest companies and public sector organizations trust our client to deploy services across the Enterprise Technology Stack to drive new levels of performance, competitiveness, and customer experience.
About the role:
We are looking for a customer-focused and enthusiastic Level 1-Network Support Technicians to provide physical touch support of network infrastructure incidents and requests on a large customer site. Working directly in a team of 8 and within a larger onsite Network and Data Centre physical support team the support for major network incidents onsite.
The applicant should be technically competent, possess excellent written and communication skills and be willing to collaborate effectively and efficiently with the wider Global IT support teams.
You will be supporting a customer who sets high standards for themselves and expects the same standards of FDS/DXC as their IT support provider.
- Analyse and troubleshoot network problems up to an intermediate level. 1st and 2nd Line support.
- Plan and schedule daily tasks according to priority and severity; Use sound judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices; Use initiative to provide a quality solution and service to the customer.
- Support networks in remote locations within the Leixlip campus.
- Follow directions from Intel manufacturing support to fix the issues that require physical handling of any relevant equipment.
- Read, understand, and follow basic Network problem diagnosis.
- Maintain switched network environments.
- Be able to troubleshoot/diagnose WLAN Issues and escalate to 2nd Level Support if required.
- Provide support to the Intel day-to-day operations network team.
- Ensure that all incidents and requests for Networks are logged, resolved and the tickets correctly closed in Intel's Event Management System.
- Endeavour to fix and close all calls assigned to the Networks queues within SLA.
- Follow process and procedures set out by the customer.
- Participate in Project based assignments when required.
- Continuous updating of project activity on SharePoint.
- Support of the Network Management Alerting System, to include active follow up and closure of critical alerts.
- Support Asset Management audits and reconciliation activities, (updating system, monthly audits for asset accuracy etc).
- Adhere to Intel's goal to maintain asset database accuracy at 100%.
- Adhere to room safety audit policies for all network communication rooms.
- Perform monthly room safety Audits and follow-up/closure on issues highlighted during the audit
- End to end ownership of the Spares/Hot Spares process.
- Hardware returns management and creation of Cisco TAC Case for failed parts.
- At least 1 years' experience in a similar position is desirable.
- Previous experience with Cisco kit is preferred. i.e. Cisco CAT OS & CAT IOS Switches and Routers (small/medium & large switches).
- Terminal Server knowledge would be an advantage.
- Excellent customer focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to adhere to processes and procedures.
- Continually demonstrate proactive and dynamic behaviour.
- Team Player essential.
Desirable skills / qualifications:
- CCNA or studying towards CCNA certification is desirable.