This well-established Tech organisations mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Helo, and Resso, as well as platforms specific to the China market, including Toutiao, Douyin, and Xigua, this company has made it easier and more fun for people to connect with, consume, and create content.
The Networking team is part of the global technology structure and brings together innovative ideas and technologies from network architecture, software-defined networking (SDN), network virtualization, switch software and hardware co-design, and high-speed networking, to create hyperscale data-center networking solutions that power several of the most popular apps of the world such as TikTok.
This Networking team is growing and they are looking to hire experienced Network Engineers in Ireland. The team is responsible for designing, building, and operating the global, intelligent network infrastructure to meet the requirements of high availability, scalability, and high-performance. By joining the team, you will gain marketable software development and/or network operation experience in data center networking at a massive scale.
- Design, build, operate and optimize their global network, including backbone, data center, public cloud and Edge/CDN.
- Work with cross-functional teams including but not limited to compute, storage, database, recommendation system, drive the innovation and evolution of their network.
- Work with external vendors and ISPs for device and carrier selection, perform testing and verification.
- Travel may be required
- Good understanding of network protocols including TCP/IP, DHCP, BGP, OSPF/IS-IS and MPLS related technologies.
- Good understanding of network monitoring protocols and tools, such as SNMP, Sflow/netflow, Telemetry.
- Familiar with data center network architecture, such as CLOS.
- Hands-on experience of major network devices, such as Cisco, Arista, Juniper, H3C, Huawei and other mainstream vendors.
- Self-motivated, good communication and written skills.
- Team player and participate with their network global oncall rotation.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree based on three or more years of work experience
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols and implementation in hyper scale data center networks.
- In-depth knowledge of MPLS related Traffic Engineering technologies, such as Segment Routing, RSVP, and LDP etc.
- In-depth knowledge of public cloud architecture, such as AWS, GCP, Azure, Ali Cloud, OCI, etc.
- Familiar with mainstream commercial switch/router chipsets, such as Broadcom, Barefoot etc.
- Good understanding of IPv6 and IPv4-IPv6 co-existence technologies.
- Programming/scripting in Python or other languages.
This Tech company is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Their platform connects people from across the globe and so does their workplace. Their mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life.
To achieve that goal, they are committed to celebrating their diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities they reach. They believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. They are passionate about this and hope you are too.