IT Technical Writer
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
We are looking for an IT Technical Writer to join SAP, you will work with global infrastructure IT Client Services to maintain existing Knowledge Management articles in centralized system.
In order to succeed in this role you will need to have 2 years experience in creating technical documentation, a fundamental understanding of product and technology processes, a background in creating technical documentation, a proactive approach to your work and excellent communication skills.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Check source documents for English language usage and accuracy
- Work with Client Support Desk and service teams to add IT Technical content source documents into provided template forms within new solution such as How-To product guides, FAQ and Issue, Cause Resolution documentation.
- Update data and delete unnecessary files
- Update data links to new source document upon publication
- Facilitate workflow completion for active documentation to maintain high quality data availability for end users.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Attention to detail
- Computer skills: Proficient in data processing application such as Microsoft Word, Knowledge of Service now an advantage
- Language Skills: Excellent English communication both verbal and written including correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a virtual team.
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Experience in working with IT documentation or knowledge management process cycles within an IT support organization preferred
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Experience in technical writing for IT.
- Formal IT training or 2 years related work experience in IT Support or communications