Experis Ireland are currently recruiting for technically skilled and talented IT Manager for a retail client in South Dublin. This is a newly created role that sits within the Business Improvement Team and reports to Chief Technical Officer.
After investment in IT structures and business improvement processes over the past years it has allowed a significant expansion in systems, namely the ERP system, EPOS system, E-Commerce Platform and 2 Warehouse Management Systems.
The further expansion and improvement in these areas requires designing new and efficient business processes, analytics and supporting them with an increasingly complex software environment. This comes with an ever-increasing demand for IT solutions to create a robust, dependable & top-performing foundation.
The design, implementation and continuous management of such IT infrastructures require expert knowledge that will be provided via an external IT Managed Services provider in conjunction with the internal knowledge delivered via the IT Manager role.
With this in mind, and considering the utmost importance to the future software / processes / IT expansion, the IT Manager role will become one of the key roles in the business to deliver the best in class IT Foundation on a long-term sustainable basis. With technology playing an increasingly important role in the development and success of our businesses, it's critical that this role is filled by a highly skilled and capable IT Manager. Qualities such as accountability, crisis management and an ability to prioritise are essential to this role.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
· Assist the CTO in detailing the Company's IT strategy areas indicated below, defining architecture and processes
· Manage and oversee the technical design and implementation of the Company's IT strategy by the IT Managed Services partner
· Manage the relationship with the ITMS partner, monitor their compliance with SLAs
· Manage the internal 1st Level Support staff
· Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
· Monitor and evaluate the performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
· Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop solutions for IT needs
· Create policies and procedures. Oversee creation and ongoing updating of IT documentation by the ITMS partner
· Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
· Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT, Identify IT problems
· Research and implement technological, strategic solutions
IT Strategy includes:
· Efficient Help Desk Support, including Break-Fix
· IT Operations Management
· Hardware Maintenance, including Assets Register & proactive replacement; Equipment Deployment, Relocation and Disposal
· Network Support and Management Services, including proactive monitoring and alerting
· Security Management
· Backups management
· Disaster Recovery and Continuity Management with bi-annual DR Testing
· Data Access Management
· User Access Management
· Controlled Patch Management
· Mobile Devices Management
· Policies Design & Implementation
· Systems, Policies and IT Processes documentation and an ongoing updating
Key Skills & Qualifications
· Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
· Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience
· Experience leading large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
· Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems
· Expertise in data management and data governance
· Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
· Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritise
· Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to rapidly establish and maintain an exceptional relationship with 3rd party IT / Software providers
· Familiarity with Apple Macbook operating system would be an advantage
If you are interested in applying for this role please reply to this advert with your most recent CV or for more information please contact David Kelly from Experis Ireland.