IT Infrastructure Engineer
Visa - Eligible to work in Ireland with no restrictions (Stamp 1G /Stamp 4 /EU Passport)
IT Mergers & Acquisitions play a key role in the purchase of companies by Client. Our team leads all IT due diligence activities for every deal, and then the real work begins - integration! Our team manages all work to integrate both systems and infrastructure into the Client standard.
This is a key role for our team, supporting infrastructure integration activities. Do you have IT M&A experience? Are you a self-starter with awesome communication and coordination skills? Do you have a technical background, but also stellar soft skills? If so, check out the job description below.
Our European integration programme regularly acquires businesses which requires a level of IT remediation activity to ensure their existing IT infrastructure meets the Client standard, as well as preparing the IT environment for migration to the Client corporate standard, then finally undertaking the migration activities to integrate the acquired company into the Client IT environment.
The role is a technical 'hands-on' role, within Client's newly acquired TQS Integration business unit, supporting and assisting with infrastructure integration activities. This will require competency and exposure to multiple technologies, and the ability to work with various support teams in an enterprise environment.
- Support project teams to deliver the technologies and services for both deployment and integration, in the areas of cloud security, infrastructure hardening, device management, data loss prevention, identity management, privileged identity management, as well as other enterprise level technologies which may be in use.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve implementation of: IT M&A security controls and integration deliverables; as well as addressing IT business as usual (BAU) support requirements during the integration period.
- Support projects relating to security controls, as per the project schedule and work plan for the entire life cycle, from discovery to implementation.
- Provide regular project updates on to various internal and external stakeholders about, progress, changes, and issues.
- Support the non-integration business through acting as break/fix engineer for a wide variety of user technologies used by the non-integrated business.
- Provide support to the on-site staff and remote staff (including those who are offsite due to COVID restrictions) and manage the support requests through to resolution.
- Support the testing of new end user devices including testing the deployment of a new build, new image, or new applications.
- Assess and remediate any vulnerabilities discovered in the infrastructure and fixing any non-compliance issues relating to desktops, laptops, servers, networks etc.
- As required, support IT business as usual (BAU) support requirements during the integration period.
Qualifications and skills:
- Experience of performing a similar hands-on support role.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience, in a technology discipline.
- Relevant technical certifications (e.g., Microsoft).
Experience in the below technologies including implementation, integration, and hands-on support:
- Office 365 administration and security
- Server - Windows / VMware vSphere.
- Infrastructure hardening & vulnerability management.
- Device Management (Intune for Windows PC and/or JAMF for Mac)
- Data loss prevention
- Identity management
- Privileged identity management
- Experience in Microsoft Windows troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and TCP/IP ports HTTP, HTTPS and file sharing.
- Ability to work in rapid change and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deliver project work with a highly matrixed project team.
- Experience with the cloud services, network communications, collaboration tools, enterprise tools and software is a plus.
- Experience of ITIL best practices.
- Use of issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Remedy or Service Now).
The candidate must have a valid VISA to work in Ireland.