JOB TITLE: Embedded Software Test Engineer
LOCATION: Shannon, Ireland
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. This Automotive company is already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. They're doing more than dream, they're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world's most iconic brands. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, they set the standards others want to follow. They want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
The automotive industry is in the midst of a once in a generational revolution as it accelerates toward autonomous driving, connectivity and electrification. Join their team to design, develop and shape the future of their electrical and electronic systems; that'll be your goal as you apply your technical expertise to help develop robust software in their vehicles. This includes everything from autonomous vehicles and advanced control systems to class-leading infotainment, cloud-connected features and integration of consumer electronic technologies, not to mention the opportunity to drive advanced prototype vehicles.
The future is yours.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Product Impact & Scope of Innovation:
- Responsible for validation of feature software for new ECUs, this code can range from vehicle level across multiple ECU's to single ECU level depending on product and systems.
- Responsible for the design and development of SW test frameworks to enable the verification and validation.
- Experience in embedded Linux/Autosar classic desirable.
- Experience in testing automotive diagnostics and software download protocols. AutoSar a bonus.
- Extensive knowledge of Inter processor communication Autosar Stack, Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C).
- Experience in testing in virtual embedded environments desirable.
- Experience in the Software Development Lifecycle, V-Model, AGILE .
- Experience in a range of validation and automated testing frameworks.
- Responsible to create and execute test plans, test cases, test automation, identify automation opportunities and compile test reports.
- Excellent in root cause analysis, debugging system failures.
- Experience in programming in a range of languages such as Python / C & C++.
- Proficient in problem solving and debugging.
- Develop and implement test frameworks to enable the test teams to verify functional and non-functional requirements.
- Should have good knowledge of Agile/Scrum, continuous integration and deployment with exposure to GitLab, Jenkins, Jira.
- In-depth knowledge of ISO26262 - Experience in Testing Asil Rated Software essential.
- Proficient in the analysis and implementation of customer requirements.
Teamwork and Leadership:
- Capable of working as a great teammate or independently. Self-motivating, flexibility, with strong social skills.
Issue resolution is a key skill and software is often the quickest but most complex to understand due to its lack of physical nature. It is critical that the engineer is capable of using extensive theory based problem solving as repeating defects is often very time consuming and difficult, so being able to develop a list of theoretical root causes and be able to eliminate these through analysis / test is fundamental.
Planning and Scheduling:
- Building test plans, create test tools, use cases, and testing of Vehicle Platforms.
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews. Contribute to the improvement of our test infrastructure and frameworks by building tools.
- Operate in Agile Scrum environment, confidence in speaking publicly.
- Participate in Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum and Sprint Retrospectives.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be an individual who Identifies, quantifies and flags problems. You will be able to execute to schedule on assigned work with attention to detail and someone who clearly communicates work/schedule to supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong experience developing test cases and test automation
- Committed team player
- Expert in testing processes, approaches and methodologies.
- Ability to identify and specify test solution requirements based on the project needs.
- Capable of working as a great teammate or independently.
- Self-motivated, flexibility, with strong social skills.
- Knowledge of vehicle network communication protocols, CAN, Automotive Ethernet, Lin
- Knowledge of automotive control units in a car
- Knowledge of implementing gherkin, through python behave framework
- Knowledge of Automotive HIL test tools e.g dspace Automation desk/control desk or Vector CANoe
- Full EU Driving Licence.
SO WHY THIS COMPANY?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover.