Desktop Support Engineer
This Biotechnology company values inclusivity, recognizes the power of diversity, and inspires the next generation of change-makers. They are an equal opportunities employer. They believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. They strive to recruit from a diverse slate of candidates and foster an environment that provides the right conditions for long-term success. They welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, military veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and physical or mental disability.
Reporting to the EUC IT Team Leader within the IT Operations function, you will cover your technical areas of responsibility within the working hours for your geography (US or Europe), but will share knowledge, practices, and techniques with your colleagues in the other geography to provide a unified support model.
You will be part of a team of highly technical, exceptionally motivated individuals, dedicated to delivering high quality run-level services across the Company's End User Computing (EUC) environment as well as supporting change efforts for new and upgraded elements of these areas.
Leveraging best practices, tested technologies and experience, the EUC engineer ensures the delivery of highly available, efficient, and secured access devices and equipment to the end-user population and support and maintenance of key office-based technologies.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Provide end user hardware and software support remotely and on-site - City West, Dublin.
- Desktop and laptop imaging and software deployment.
- Break/Fix Support including troubleshooting and diagnosis of hardware devices.
- On-Boarding process support including provisioning installation and delivery of EUC hardware and services.
- Off-Boarding support including deprovisioning EUC services and application access.
- ITAM (IT Asset Management) - full Lifecycle Asset Management for end-user devices and supporting print management software with print, copy and scan.
- Working with the Core Support Services Analyst on Mobile device management using appropriate tooling and procedures for Apple, Android, and other supported mobile devices.
- Manage EUC queue, prioritising incidents adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and contractual obligations, making sure that all controls and procedures are followed accordingly and avoiding SLA breaches.
- Meet deadlines and SLAs and take accountability for any roadblocks.
- Look for opportunities to continuously improve EUC procedures and mechanisms.
- Perform maintenance and housekeeping tasks to keep systems running efficiently.
What do you bring to the role?
- Strong customer service focus with commitment to building professional, responsive, and effective relationships to ensure the business objective of the organisation are met and exceeded where possible.
- Enthusiastic and pro-active approach; fosters collaborative working relationships in all situations.
- Possesses the ability to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Delivers tasks in a professional and organised way, responsive to priorities.
- Able to work with autonomy and manage own time and workload.
- Possesses the ability to present issues and recommendations in a clear and concise manner and to engage the right people in the organisation to ensure objectives are met.
- Able to quickly process large amounts of information to effectively assess risks and priorities.
- Ability to handle change effectively and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively - capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive to see these through to a successful conclusion.
- EUC support experience in Windows 10/11, O365, OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Teams, installation, configuration and maintenance and other major desktop applications.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting Windows Desktop issues and an in-depth understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure.
- An excellent knowledge of smart and mobile operating systems (Android, IOS) and mobile device management tooling.
- A good working knowledge of macOS devices.
- A good understanding of networking.
- Demonstrable knowledge of hardware installation and configuration including device encryption.
- Working knowledge of SCCM/InTune/JAMF device imaging and patching highly desirable.
Who is this company?
Uniting expertise and capabilities, this company was launched to become THE strategic partner for health and life sciences companies. Unparalleled in scale and expertise, they connect a full suite of Advisory, Medical, Marketing/Communications, Patient and Stakeholder Engagement, and Biotech services to reimagine clients' business challenges into opportunities.
They are a team of 10,000 experts working together in 35 countries to create something extraordinary. They exist to solve health challenges and develop transformational ideas that positively impact human lives. Working here, offers an opportunity to work for a game-changing company built with one goal. That is to redefine health and life sciences by empowering our people to inspire new possibilities that advance health and build brighter futures.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Their company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, they encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.