Our client is an international pharmaceutical company. Their manufacturing plant here in Ireland is home to over 500 employees. The Automation Engineer role would be part of a team that provides support to IT, laboratories and manufacturing systems.
This is a hybrid role in Arklow, Co Wicklow.
What is on offer?
- Health care
- Pension Fund
- Flexitime system
- Paid Holidays
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the completion of projects, manage your own time to meet agreed targets and develop plans for short-term work activities on your own projects.
- Implementing code/systems changes on the automation systems under change management/change control as part of sustaining and Capital projects as required.
- Participating in the development of the Automated System Life Cycle documents.
- Working on production systems continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintaining the validated state of the automation systems.
- Managing and executing automation projects.
- Carrying out control system re-validation.
- Ensuring System upgrades and solutions to obsolescence topics throughout our site.
- Ensuring automation systems comply with safety and regulatory guidelines.
- Developing recovery/backup solutions for equipment failures.
- Developing Archiving systems and procedures for all relevant production equipment.
- Ensuring Data Integrity requirements are met.
- Supporting maintenance activities as required - including troubleshooting of high speed packaging equipment and highly automated process equipment.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree or 3rd Level Qualification (Engineering/Science) discipline or equivalent.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- At least 3/4 Years' experience with Automation and IT systems.
- High level knowledge of Industrial Networks architectures (Ethernet IP,Control Net & Profibus)
- Extensive technical, operational, and business expertise in the following disciplines:
- MES Systems experience - Rockwell and Werum solutions
- PLC / SCADA (e.g., Siemens, Rockwell, iFix, InTouch)
- Data Historian Systems (e.g iHistorian)
- Vision Control Systems with preferable experience Keyence & Cognex Vision Systems
- Computer Systems Validation - GAMP experience
- Automation & Control systems support of highly Automated Production equipment and Packing lines.
- Good knowledge of Windows Operating systems and experience of Virtualization environments.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues in a team environment, and with vendors, contractors, and external customers
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills and can manage projects autonomously.
- Vendor and Contractor management
- Be solutions orientated, delivery focused and passionate about supporting our production site with technical support solutions.
If you have experience working in a technical automation team and you feel comfortable managing, developing and co-ordinating automation activities relating to production assets then this is the role for you. For further information send me an email at [email protected]