Applications Development Manager
Salary: €100k-€120k + bonus + benefits
Location: Dublin City Centre -Hybrid
Job type: Full time -Permanent
Experis are seeking to hire an experienced Applications Development Manager for our Dublin- based client and would welcome expressions of interest from candidates with proven track records of delivery and a minimum of 10-15 years of experience. Always integrated with our partners and legal experts, our client has over 70 experienced legal and business professionals. Our experts in technology, project management, data analysis and process improvement, collaborate to explore new ways of delivering legal services, defining and executing smart, cost-effective solutions that help clients manage risk.
This Applications Development Manager role provides the chance to become part of an expanding Solutions team, and an opportunity to create an impact in a firm that is transforming how legal professionals deliver legal services. The role will require a great balance of technical, collaboration and management skills. This is a business facing role and covers the full lifecycle - from inception through to business-as-usual support.
Working closely with the Solutions team, as well as the firm's practice groups, the Application Development Manager will identify, recommend and build technology solutions in line with business goals. The role will also involve working closely with Business Services teams and external suppliers to ensure any new products or technologies which are selected are robust, scalable and align with the firm's business and technical strategies.
This role will report to the Director of Technology
- Provide leadership and line management to a cross functional technical team
- Oversee and manage a portfolio of concurrent projects involving diverse technologies and skillsets
- Manage the technical deliverables in the identification, analysis, build, testing, deployment, and support of technology solutions and software applications. Leading by example through your hands-on approach
- Design, build, test, integrate and maintain technical solutions. Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed tasks. Track and report progress of the project against key milestones. Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of the project. Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle
- Work with lawyers, legal specialists, business service teams, and clients to deliver solutions with the right overall process and technical outcomes which meet their legal service delivery needs.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to the direct report staff in both technical and non-technical issues. Provide support for their career growth and personal development.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Work with the Director of Technology to plan manage and deliver yearly strategic objectives and targets
- 10+ years' experience in the design, development and support of technology solutions
- At least 2+ years' experience in management of technology and analytical focused teams
- Experience growing and developing multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Experience creating solutions using Microsoft's PowerApps, Power Flow, RPA or Power BI capabilities including integration with the Dataverse and/or relational databases
- Experience developing solutions which leverage integration middleware and/or REST APIs
- Experience using cloud platforms like Azure and AWS
- Experience using best practice design, development, security & maintenance patterns and methodologies
- Knowledge of .Net, Java, Python, PHP or NodeJS - a real plus
- Excellent ability to steer projects through to completion by taking ownership and working through ambiguity
- High level of professionalism and accountability; handles sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care
- A self-starter who is comfortable in, and committed to, working through ambiguity with an ability to take the initiative
- Excellent time management and prioritisation abilities.
What We Can Offer You
- Innovation: By combining best in class legal, technology, project management and data analysis capabilities you will have the opportunity to help shape a more digitalised approach to how legal services can be delivered
- Collaboration: The opportunity to work with an award-winning cross functional team who are transforming how legal professionals deliver legal services. This will expand your network and expose you to leading technologies and techniques
- Flexibility: We believe that a flexible approach to how we work, with some structure to it, will work best. This will keep you engaged and connected to our culture, while supporting our clients and driving our business forward